Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for more affordable car insurance rates in Kansas City, MO? Kansas City buyers have many options when searching for low-cost Cadillac ATS insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to compare rates on a Cadillac and obtain the lowest price from both online companies and Kansas City agents.
If you’re already insured or need a new policy, take advantage of these tips to shop for the lowest rates without reducing protection. The intent of this article is to instruct you on the best way to quote coverages and also pocket some savings Comparison shoppers just need to know the proper methods to shop their coverage around from multiple carriers.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Missouri. To find the best cheap car insurance in MO, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance is not optional in Missouri
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Cadillac in Kansas City, paying for car insurance is mandatory in Missouri but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Cadillac, most lenders will force you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Cadillac at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your Cadillac ATS and your personal assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so you should quote rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
What Determines Cadillac ATS Insurance Rates?
Many different elements are considered when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but some are not quite as obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating your car insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower premium levels.
The items below are just a few of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your declarations sheet correctly shows the correct driver usage. An improperly rated ATS may be wasting your money.
- Driving citations are costly – Having a clean driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Getting just one citation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers who have careless citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
- Insurance is expensive for youthful drivers – Mature drivers are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit. Teenage drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Decrease premiums by maintaining coverage – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a sure-fire way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine.
Cadillac ATS claim statistics – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that tend to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the historical loss data for Cadillac ATS vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Cadillac ATS Vehicles Specific Cadillac Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD 121 97 103 107 96 90 Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD 127 81 91 92 93 74BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Verify you’re getting every discount
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every policy discount very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits available to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because it requires personal responsibility.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 20% or more.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims before the accident.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and driver training.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for save driver, student away at school, multi-policy, driver training, and early quote.
- Nationwide includes discounts for accident-free, defensive driving, easy pay, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, and business or organization.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for distant student, good student, business and professional, alternative fuel, teen driver, and mature driver.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, Pac-12 alumni, defensive driver, homeowner, good student, and good driver.
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, accident-free, multiple policy, passive restraint, good student, good driver, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include anti-theft, accident-free, good driver, multi-car, ease of repair, and annual mileage.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Kansas City. To choose insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Missouri, click this link.
Different people need different insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare prices but work with a local neighborhood Kansas City car insurance agent
Some people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Kansas City who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an company should depend on more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Kansas City?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Missouri?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How many years have they been established?
The different types of car insurance agents
When researching a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can provide insurance policies, but it’s important to know how they differ because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents work for only one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive agencies in Kansas City who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Matt Rich Farmers Insurance Agency
5730 N Broadway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 479-4747 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Steve Marshall
7000 NW Prairie View Rd Ste 100 – Kansas City, MO 64151 – (816) 587-5200 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Robert Redmond Agency Inc.
6315 Brookside Plaza #104 – Kansas City, MO 64113 – (816) 361-8600 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get several quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Kansas City that are able to give rate quotes.
- Traders Insurance Co
9300 Troost Ave – Kansas City, MO 64131 – (816) 333-5030 – View Map
- Francisco Banuelos Insurance
536 Benton Blvd – Kansas City, MO 64124 – (816) 920-5400 – View Map
- McLaughlin Insurance Agency
406 W 34th St #802 – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 931-3341 – View Map
Best auto insurance company in Kansas City
Ending up with the highest-rated auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices drivers have in Kansas City. The company ratings below may help you choose which providers to look at shopping your coverage with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Smart consumers save more
When you buy Kansas City car insurance online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced full coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we covered many ways to shop for Cadillac ATS insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Kansas City car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents. Budget-conscious Cadillac ATS insurance is possible online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Steps to finding affordable Cadillac ATS insurance in Kansas City
It takes a little time, but the best way to get the cheapest Cadillac ATS insurance in Kansas City is to start comparing prices regularly from companies in Missouri. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Kansas City. If you can save money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, put the new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Much more information about insurance in Missouri can be found below:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)