A recent study showed that almost 70% of insureds have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. The average driver in Missouri can save almost $300 each year, but most undervalue how much they could save if they just switched companies.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Kansas City is to compare prices at least once a year from providers in Missouri. This can be done by following these guidelines.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the new insurer. Once the application is submitted, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
This information will let you in on the best way to quote coverages. If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Although Missouri vehicle owners need to learn how insurance companies determine premium rates and apply this information to your search.
Many insurance companies give price estimates direct online. Getting online rates for Chevy Bolt insurance in Kansas City is easy for anyone as you just enter the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. When complete, their system orders your driving record and credit report and returns pricing information based on many factors. The ability to get online rate quotes for Chevy Bolt insurance in Kansas City makes it simple to compare prices and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find the most affordable premium possible.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. This makes sure you will get rate comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in Missouri. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Kansas City, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be asked about before being credited.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application on the web.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Chevrolet Bolt insurance rates in Kansas City.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could earn substantially lower auto insurance rates.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
If you would like to see a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates in Kansas City, click this link.
Auto insurance in Missouri serves several purposes
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy Bolt has a lienholder, almost every bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Chevy but also your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Bolt are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to save money.
Car insurance company ratings
Selecting the top car insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices there are in Kansas City. The information listed below may help you choose which providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Buying auto insurance from Kansas City auto insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local agents is definitely important in Kansas City.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to insurance agents in Kansas City who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
When researching a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you compare quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agencies in Kansas City who can help you get price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Kansas City who can help you get comparison quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agency requires more thought than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Missouri?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Kansas City?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
If you get good responses to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles.