No one looks forward to paying premiums for car insurance, especially when they are paying too much.
Statistics show that the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Kansas City insurance shoppers can cut their rates by $300 a year, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
How to buy affordable Chevy Uplander insurance in Kansas City
If you want to save money, the best way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers who can sell car insurance in Kansas City.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that increase rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. Once coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
One tip to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
There are many insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, more options can take longer to find the best rates for your vehicles.
It’s important to shop coverage around periodically because rates trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the lowest premium rates on Chevy Uplander insurance in Kansas City a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the things you must know in order to save on car insurance.
When price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons increases the chance that you will find better pricing.
The following companies provide price quotes in Missouri. If you want the cheapest car insurance in Kansas City, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Uplander insurance in Kansas City?
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a defensive driving course is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Accident Free – Kansas City drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger insurance carriers have a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount will lower your car insurance premiums.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, safe vehicle, good student, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- Nationwide offers discounts for business or organization, easy pay, accident-free, family plan, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, military active duty, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and daytime running lights.
- AAA offers premium reductions for education and occupation, multi-policy, good student, AAA membership discount, good driver, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including good student, defensive driver, 55 and older, air bags, student driver, and automatic seat belts.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for bundle, anti-theft, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, air bag, driver training, and good student.
If you want affordable Kansas City car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Discounts may not be available in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies who offer online Chevy Uplander insurance quotes in Kansas City, click this link.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Uplander in Kansas City, paying for auto insurance serves several important purposes.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, almost every bank will have a requirement that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your Chevy Uplander and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Missouri overpays as much as $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to save money.
Shop online but buy locally
Many people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find better rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for local agents is important particularly in Kansas City.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- If they are an independent agency in Kansas City, which companies do they recommend?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Where are claims handled?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?