If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers who sell insurance in Kansas City. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Take a little time to learn about car insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as careless driving and a low credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides the details to find cheap prices and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new coverage. Don’t forget to store the certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s a known fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around for cheaper prices will probably switch auto insurance companies because there are good odds of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey found that people who routinely compared quotes saved over $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest price for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Kansas City is your ultimate target, then having a grasp of the best ways to shop for insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If you have coverage now or just want cheaper rates, follow these tips to buy cheaper car insurance while maintaining coverages. Our objective is to familiarize you with how to effectively get price quotes and some tricks to saving. You just need to use the most efficient way to shop their coverage around online.
Finding cheaper car insurance quotes can be relatively painless. All that’s required is to take a couple of minutes comparing free Kansas City car insurance quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The following companies provide price comparisons in Missouri. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Kansas City car insurance online.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a defensive driving course may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having all your vehicles with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Memberships – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better insurance rates.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a specific time period.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram 2500 insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Missouri state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few companies that have these money-saving discounts include:
If you are trying to find low cost Kansas City car insurance quotes, ask all the companies how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To find insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Missouri, follow this link.
Car insurance data for a Dodge Ram 2500
The premium information displayed below showcases estimates of prices for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Knowing how insurance prices are determined helps drivers make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$288||$600||$406||$24||$122||$1,440||$120|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$288||$690||$406||$24||$122||$1,530||$128|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$288||$690||$406||$24||$122||$1,530||$128|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$288||$690||$406||$24||$122||$1,530||$128|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$288||$690||$406||$24||$122||$1,530||$128|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$288||$690||$406||$24||$122||$1,530||$128|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$320||$600||$406||$24||$122||$1,472||$123|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$320||$690||$406||$24||$122||$1,562||$130|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$320||$690||$406||$24||$122||$1,562||$130|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$320||$600||$406||$24||$122||$1,472||$123|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$320||$600||$406||$24||$122||$1,472||$123|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$320||$782||$406||$24||$122||$1,654||$138|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$320||$782||$406||$24||$122||$1,654||$138|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$320||$600||$406||$24||$122||$1,472||$123|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$320||$600||$406||$24||$122||$1,472||$123|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$320||$600||$406||$24||$122||$1,472||$123|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$352||$690||$406||$24||$122||$1,594||$133|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$352||$690||$406||$24||$122||$1,594||$133|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$352||$690||$406||$24||$122||$1,594||$133|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$352||$690||$406||$24||$122||$1,594||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise coverage prices greatly.
Dodge Ram 2500 Insurance Cost Factors
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but others are not as apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that help determine insurance rates. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower rates.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into prices.
Gender and auto insurance prices – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Women and men cause fender benders at a similar rate, but guys tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
The diagram below compares Dodge Ram 2500 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Save money with responsible credit – An insured’s credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. People with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit is not that good, you may save money insuring your Dodge Ram 2500 by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Insurance policy lapses raise rates – Driving with no insurance is a big no-no and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage may result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Missouri DMV.
- Low stress employer equals lower rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Jobs like lawyers, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts tend to have higher rates than average attributed to high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, jobs such as farmers, students and homemakers get better rates.
- Extra policy coverages are wasting money – There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Coverages like personal injury protection, towing coverage, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
- Your address can affect premiums – Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Liability limits are a factor – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Do you know your comp and collision deductibles? – The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage coverage, also called ‘full coverage’, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
Some people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Kansas City who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency because prices are sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
If you need to find local Kansas City agents, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that you can select. Car insurance agents in Kansas City can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different since it may influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only use the same agent partially due to the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Kansas City who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Carleton Voorhies – State Farm Insurance Agent
7709 NW Prairie View Rd – Kansas City, MO 64151 – (816) 741-3558 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Dewey Osborn
6405 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 436-7300 – View Map
- State Farm: Bret Farrar
6406 E 87th St #103 – Kansas City, MO 64138 – (816) 333-4445 – View Map
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing car insurance prices, you will want to get several quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are independent agents in Kansas City that can give you comparison quotes.
- Nestel Insurance Agency
9233 Ward Pkwy #124 – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 361-6442 – View Map
- DeMasters Insurance, LLC
1130 Westport Rd – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 531-1000 – View Map
- Chris Jones Insurance Agency
435 Nichols Rd #200 Kansas City, MO 64112 – Kansas City, MO 64112 – (816) 479-0212 – View Map
Once you have positive feedback for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that is a good match to provide car insurance coverage.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
Always remember that when buying coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Who is covered when they drive my Dodge Ram 2500?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Will my Dodge Ram 2500 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- What is no-fault insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Cheaper car insurance is out there
Cheaper car insurance in Kansas City is possible from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Kansas City car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
When searching for affordable Dodge Ram 2500 insurance quotes, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
You just learned a lot of techniques to reduce Dodge Ram 2500 insurance auto insurance rates online in Kansas City. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Kansas City Car Insurance for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for State Employees in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)