The preferred way to find more affordable Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Kansas City is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Missouri. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- First, get a basic knowledge of how companies set rates and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic tickets, and your credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to lower rates and find additional discounts.
- Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new carrier. Once the application is submitted, store the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who compare rates at least once a year are inclined to switch car insurance companies because there are good odds of finding a cheaper policy. A study discovered that consumers who compared rates regularly saved an average of $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance is your ultimate objective, then having some knowledge of the best ways to shop for insurance rates can help you be more efficient.
Insurance Premium Influencing Factors
Many things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time.
- Driving citations are costly – A bad driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Even a single moving violation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get serious violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- High credit rating translates to low premiums – Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit. If your credit history can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Fiat 124 Spider by improving your rating.
- Prices may be higher where you live – Residing in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when buying insurance. City drivers have more auto accidents and longer commute times. Fewer people means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Increase coverage deductibles to save – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a windshield shattered by a rock, flood damage, and having your car stolen. The deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. The more of the claim you have to pay, the less your insurance will be.
- Drive a fast car, truck or SUV and pay more – The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Marriage can lower prices – Being married can get you a discount on your policy. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and it’s proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the fact all the major auto insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with a free rate quote. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information like how much education you have, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, daily mileage, and if your license is active. Your insurance information is instantly submitted to insurance companies and you should receive rate quotes instantly.
To find lower lower-cost Fiat 124 Spider insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Missouri. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Kansas City, insuring your vehicle is required in Missouri but also provides important benefits.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your 124 Spider, most banks will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Fiat at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects your Fiat 124 Spider and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Discount Kansas City auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might already qualify for some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but some must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a defensive driver course may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Safe Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Kansas City auto insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having several vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow their company to spy on driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
If you would like to see a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates in Missouri, click here.
Buying auto insurance from Kansas City car insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is definitely important in Kansas City.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids to get your business. You won’t even need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Kansas City auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Kansas City who may provide pricing information.
- McLaughlin Insurance Agency
406 W 34th St #802 – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 931-3341 – View Map
- Antioch Insurance Agency
214 NE Barry Rd – Kansas City, MO 64155 – (816) 454-0400 – View Map
- Chris Jones Insurance Agency
435 Nichols Rd #200 Kansas City, MO 64112 – Kansas City, MO 64112 – (816) 479-0212 – View Map
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. They are very knowledgeable on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Kansas City who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Kelly Benbow
221 E Gregory Blvd b – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 333-3611 – View Map
- Debbie Baker Krough – State Farm Insurance Agent
6300 Walnut – Kansas City, MO 64113 – (816) 361-4200 – View Map
- Carleton Voorhies – State Farm Insurance Agent
7709 NW Prairie View Rd – Kansas City, MO 64151 – (816) 741-3558 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Any agent in Kansas City should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
When getting Kansas City auto insurance quotes online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We covered some good ideas how to shop for Fiat 124 Spider insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agencies. Lower-priced Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Kansas City is definitely available both online in addition to many Kansas City insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional car insurance information is available below:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)