The easiest way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in Kansas City. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, spend some time learning about policy coverages and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper C-Max Energi coverage is available. If you can save some money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new company or agent. Once received, keep the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers in Missouri renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Consumers in the United States could pocket almost $860 a year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
Finding more affordable Ford C-Max Energi insurance rates is not a difficult process. All you need to do is take a few minutes comparing free Kansas City auto insurance quotes from online providers.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Missouri. To buy the cheapest auto insurance in Kansas City, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Missouri is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford C-Max Energi, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Discounts for cheaper auto insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Kansas City auto insurance online.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on auto insurance.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a course teaching driver safety skills is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Driving Data Discount – Kansas City drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to study driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive lower premium rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A few companies that may have some of the above discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with each company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To view companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Missouri, click here.
Buying auto insurance from Kansas City car insurance agents
Many people would rather sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local agents is definitely important in Kansas City.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Kansas City who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Different types of car insurance agents in Kansas City
When researching a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they operate. Agencies in Kansas City are categorized either independent or exclusive. Either type can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you compare prices from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Listed below are Kansas City independent agents that may be able to give free rate quotes.
- Heartland Insurance Agency, Inc.
7301 Mission Rd #242, Prairie Village, KS 66208 – Prairie Village, MO 66208 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- Antioch Insurance Agency
214 NE Barry Rd – Kansas City, MO 64155 – (816) 454-0400 – View Map
- DeMasters Insurance, LLC
1130 Westport Rd – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 531-1000 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only quote rates from one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Kansas City that can give you price quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Gary Woods Agency Inc.
7211 NW 83 St Ste 140 – Kansas City, MO 64152 – (816) 587-8033 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Donita Hunt
7501 NW Tiffany Springs Pkwy – Kansas City, MO 64153 – (816) 587-4181 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Jeff Woody
1300 NW Vivion Rd – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 459-8010 – View Map
Picking a insurance agency should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- What discounts might you be missing?
Auto insurance can get complicated
When selecting the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- What is the minimum liability in Missouri?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Missouri car insurance companies
Ending up with the top insurer can be a challenge considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Missouri. The information in the next section may help you analyze which auto insurance companies to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
Don’t give up on cheap rates
Budget-friendly insurance in Kansas City is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Kansas City, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured cut collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests and even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
More information can be read at these links:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)