Unbelievable but true, a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Most drivers in America could save themselves as much as 47% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If you want to save money, the best way to save money on GMC Canyon insurance in Kansas City is to regularly compare quotes from providers who sell insurance in Missouri. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as distracted driving and poor credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Find a Kansas City insurance agent
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new company or agent. Once coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
The intent of this article is to tell you how car insurance works and how to save the most money. If you already have coverage, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper insurance using the ideas you’re about to read. Nevertheless, Missouri car owners do need to understand the way insurance companies market insurance on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
To find more affordable rates, there are a couple of ways of comparing price quotes from many available auto insurance companies in Missouri. The simplest method to find affordable GMC Canyon insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
When price shopping your coverage, quoting more increases the chance that you will find more affordable insurance. Not every company allows you to get online rate quotes, so it’s necessary to compare price estimates from them, too.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Missouri. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Missouri, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a GMC Canyon in Kansas City, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your GMC at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Kansas City is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Data for GMC Canyon insurance
The price information displayed next covers different insurance costs for GMC Canyon models. Learning how prices are determined is important for making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$126||$236||$302||$18||$90||$772||$64|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 2WD||$126||$288||$302||$18||$90||$824||$69|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 2WD||$126||$288||$302||$18||$90||$824||$69|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$126||$288||$302||$18||$90||$824||$69|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$144||$236||$302||$18||$90||$790||$66|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 2WD||$144||$288||$302||$18||$90||$842||$70|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 2WD||$144||$288||$302||$18||$90||$842||$70|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 4WD||$144||$236||$302||$18||$90||$790||$66|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$144||$340||$302||$18||$90||$894||$75|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 4WD||$144||$288||$302||$18||$90||$842||$70|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$162||$288||$302||$18||$90||$860||$72|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 4WD||$162||$288||$302||$18||$90||$860||$72|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$162||$288||$302||$18||$90||$860||$72|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 4WD||$162||$288||$302||$18||$90||$860||$72|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in garaging location in Kansas City which can alter insurance rates greatly.
Insurance rates by age and gender
The example below compares GMC Canyon car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The chart below illustrates the difference between GMC Canyon insurance prices when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The prices are based on no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no specific rule of when to eliminate physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your GMC Canyon book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $600 annually to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Affordable GMC Canyon insurance in Kansas City
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all possible discounts very well, so we took the time to find some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Kansas City car insurance online.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get a slight reduction on a Kansas City car insurance quote.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a defensive driving class could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The illustration below compares GMC Canyon auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The premiums assume a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Missouri state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- GEICO discounts include daytime running lights, federal employee, multi-policy, defensive driver, seat belt use, and five-year accident-free.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, anti-lock brakes, good student, safe driver, and teen driver.
- American Family offers premium reductions for mySafetyValet, accident-free, good student, air bags, and Steer into Savings.
- Esurance includes discounts for online quote, defensive driver, Switch & Save, emergency road assistance, good student, claim free, and renters.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, anti-theft, multiple autos, driver’s education, good driver, and safe vehicle.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, good student, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in Kansas City. To see a list of providers with the best GMC Canyon insurance discounts in Kansas City, click here to view.
Insurance agencies are professional risk managers
Certain consumers would rather have an agent’s advice and we recommend doing that The best thing about getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get better rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local agencies is important particularly in Kansas City.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a good Kansas City insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Kansas City are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to compare prices from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agencies in Kansas City who may provide free rate quotes.
- Banuelos Insurance Agency LLC
902 Southwest Blvd – Kansas City, MO 64108 – (816) 994-3600 – View Map
- Antioch Insurance Agency
214 NE Barry Rd – Kansas City, MO 64155 – (816) 454-0400 – View Map
- Bargain Insurance Connection
2635 NE Vivion Rd – Kansas City, MO 64119 – (816) 453-7722 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often use the same agent mainly due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Kansas City that can give you comparison quotes.
- George Lounds – State Farm Insurance Agent
550 E 99th St – Kansas City, MO 64131 – (816) 941-0055 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Jeff Williams Agency Inc.
6505 N Prospect Ave #100 – Kansas City, MO 64119 – (816) 459-7779 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Tim Presko
7817 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 436-6000 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- If they are an independent agency in Kansas City, which companies do they recommend?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Which is the best car insurance?
When it comes to the right insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. You are unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my GMC Canyon is totaled?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of car insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Insurance for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like funeral costs, doctor visits and surgery. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Canyon to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a broken windshield. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Missouri drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Missouri limits are 25/50/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Liability insurance – Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/10 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things such as funeral expenses, attorney fees and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Missouri state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be adequate.
Compare but don’t skimp
We just presented a lot of information how to shop for GMC Canyon insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Kansas City car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
When searching for affordable GMC Canyon insurance quotes, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced full coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices or policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Additional information is located below:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Seniors in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Homeowners in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)