Unfortunately, about 70% of customers have remained with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Many consumers in the U.S. could save roughly $859 every year by just shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes.
The best way to get budget Jeep Commander insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers who can sell car insurance in Kansas City. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that cause rate increases such as traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for more details to prevent high rates and find hidden discounts.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A key point to remember is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
The easiest way to get rate comparisons for Jeep Commander insurance in Kansas City takes advantage of the fact most of the larger companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. All consumers are required to do is provide information including how your vehicles are used, the year, make and model of vehicles, if you have an active license, and whether or not you need a SR-22. Those rating factors is sent automatically to multiple auto insurance providers and you will get price comparisons almost instantly.
To check Jeep Commander insurance prices now, click here and enter the information requested.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Kansas City, MO. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Kansas City, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
The price information displayed below outlines a range of coverage costs for Jeep Commander models. Having knowledge of how prices are determined helps drivers make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Commander Sport 2WD||$162||$274||$302||$18||$90||$846||$71|
|Commander Sport 4WD||$162||$322||$302||$18||$90||$894||$75|
|Commander Limited 2WD||$180||$322||$302||$18||$90||$912||$76|
|Commander Limited 4WD||$180||$322||$302||$18||$90||$912||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change coverage rates noticeably.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change Jeep Commander insurance premiums for each age group. Data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions influence Jeep Commander auto insurance costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Save Money with These Tips
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Bad credit will cost you – A driver’s credit score is a large factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Jeep Commander by repairing your credit.
Which gender costs less? – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. Women and men cause fender benders in similar percentages, but the men have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The chart below compares Jeep Commander insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insurance rates for married couples – Your spouse may save some money compared to being single. Having a significant other may mean you are less irresponsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
What’s your car’s safety rating? – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If your Jeep Commander has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
Bundle policies with the same company – Lots of companies will award discounts to insureds who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount applied, you still need to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.
File car insurance claims and pay more – Auto insurance companies in Missouri provide better rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insurance is mandatory in Missouri but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Jeep, most banks will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Jeep at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Commander outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver overpays more than $825 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Kansas City car insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with a good quality auto insurance provider is hard considering how many companies there are to choose from in Missouri. The company information in the next section may help you pick which companies to look at comparing rates with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies