Want lower-priced auto insurance rates in Kansas City, MO? Kansas City drivers have options when trying to find low-cost Mazda CX-5 insurance. You can either spend your time calling around to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage on a Mazda and get the lowest possible price either online or from Kansas City insurance agents.
It’s a fact that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who compare other prices will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding a policy with better rates. A survey found that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved as much as $70 a month compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance in Kansas City is your ultimate target, then having some insight into how to shop for auto insurance can save time and make the process easier.
The majority of larger companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get price estimates from their websites. Getting online quotes for Mazda CX-5 insurance in Kansas City is fairly straightforward because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage preferences into a form. Once entered, their rating system sends out for reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote.
Being able to quote online for Mazda CX-5 insurance in Kansas City makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s necessary to perform this step if you want to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
To save time and get comparison pricing now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Kansas City, MO. If you wish to find cheaper car insurance in Kansas City, MO, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mazda in Kansas City, paying for car insurance is required by state law in Missouri and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your CX-5 has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Mazda for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, car insurance preserves not only your Mazda CX-5 but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Missouri is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Save a ton with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Kansas City auto insurance online.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your home and auto policy with one insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts should definitely cut your policy premium.
Larger auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, multi-car, anti-theft, good driver, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, anti-theft, accident-free, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance has discounts for Pac-12 alumni, paid-in-full, multi-policy, good student, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, and online shopper.
- Nationwide may include discounts for easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, family plan, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply everywhere.
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- How high should deductibles be on a Mazda CX-5?
- Should I rate my Mazda CX-5 as pleasure use or commute?
- Is my Mazda CX-5 covered if I use it for business?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Kansas City auto insurance companies ranked
Ending up with the top auto insurance company can be difficult considering how many choices you have in Kansas City. The ranking information shown below may help you select which car insurance providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
- Titan Insurance