It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Consumers who get price quotes annually will most likely buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study showed that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price for insurance is your ultimate target, then learning about how to choose a company and compare car insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
The most effective way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers in Kansas City.
- First, try to learn about policy coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides additional ideas to help find cheaper rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper iQ coverage is available in Kansas City. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new company or agent. Make sure you place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An essential thing to point out is to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and to quote with as many carriers as you can. This provides a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Low cost Scion iQ insurance prices in Kansas City, MO
Finding a better price on auto insurance is actually easier than you may think. Consumers just need to take a couple of minutes comparing rates from different insurance companies.
It’s so fast and easy to compare price quotes online that it makes it obsolete to make phone calls or go to local Kansas City insurance agencies. The internet reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you prefer the advice and guidance of a local agency. It is possible with some companies get prices online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Missouri. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Kansas City, MO, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance rates and discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Kansas City auto insurance online.
- Kansas City Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Kansas City auto insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on insurance.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used iQ is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle with the same insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Paperwork-free – Many larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing on their website.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
Some companies who may offer these discounts possibly include:
Before buying, ask each company which discounts they offer. Savings may not be available in Kansas City. To see a list of insurers who offer cheap Scion iQ insurance quotes in Kansas City, follow this link.
Car insurance agents can help
Many people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Kansas City who will return price quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered to your email. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Kansas City?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local Kansas City insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance agents in Kansas City are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the subtle differences because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Kansas City who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company so they can write business with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part. If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to check rates from independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below are Kansas City independent insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Ratings for Kansas City car insurance companies
Choosing the top auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Missouri. The company rank data shown below may help you pick which auto insurers to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Car insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills like EMT expenses, dental work, doctor visits, ambulance fees and surgery. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/10 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like medical expenses, attorney fees, legal defense fees and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Missouri requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why buying minimum limits may not be enough.
This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as falling objects, hitting a bird and hail damage. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for collisions
This pays for damage to your iQ caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your iQ to bring the cost down.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Scion iQ.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Missouri limits are 25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Smart consumers save more
When searching for the cheapest Scion iQ rate quotes, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced full coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Discount Scion iQ insurance in Kansas City is available both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just covered many tips how you can shop for Scion iQ insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting affordable Scion iQ insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from a small mutual company. They often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Homeowners in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas City Auto Insurance Rates for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Kansas City Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)