The recommended way to find cheaper prices for Scion xB insurance is to compare prices annually from different companies who can sell car insurance in Kansas City. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as getting speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a completed application to the new insurer. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Unfortunately, most car insurance buyers in Missouri have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers can cut their rates by as much as $850 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they bought a different policy.
Affordable Scion xB insurance rates in Kansas City
Some providers don’t always advertise all possible discounts very well, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Kansas City car insurance online.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used xB can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- E-sign – Certain larger companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save up to 20% and get you cheap xB insurance.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Kansas City car insurance quote.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide before your rates go up if you are claim-free before the accident.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the amount you pay for coverage.
The diagram below shows the difference between Scion xB premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Missouri state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- American Family may have discounts that include air bags, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, early bird, TimeAway discount, good student, and accident-free.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, multiple policy, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for automatic seat belts, homeowners, driver training, teen driver, and good student.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including save driver, IntelliDrive, new car, good student, driver training, and home ownership.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, federal employee, anti-theft, driver training, military active duty, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer cheap Scion xB insurance quotes in Kansas City, follow this link.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Missouri. To buy cheaper auto insurance in Kansas City, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The coverage information displayed next showcases a range of insurance premium costs for Scion xB models. Having a good grasp of how insurance prices are calculated can help you make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect price quotes substantially.
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Scion xB premium costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Drive safe and save
The information below illustrates how violations and accident claims influence Scion xB premium costs for different ages of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Yearly auto insurance costs for men versus women
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Scion xB insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Costs
Many different elements are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although some other factors are less apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine your premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
Incidental coverages push up premiums – There are many optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and membership fees may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Reserve auto insurance claims for larger damages – Companies in Missouri give the best rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
High credit rating translates to low costs – Your credit history is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have bad credit. If your credit rating is low, you may save money insuring your Scion xB by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Vehicle risk impacts prices – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. The lowest premiums are usually found on smaller low performance passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The following chart assumes a single male driver age 20, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Scion xB insurance premiums compared to other models of vehicles that have different performance risks.
Do you work long hours in a demanding occupation? – Occupations such as military personnel, police officers, and emergency personnel tend to pay higher average rates due to high stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, students and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
Insurance loss statistics a Scion xB – Auto insurance companies use past insurance losses when setting rates for each model. Models that statistically have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The next table illustrates the insurance loss data for Scion xB vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have higher losses.
|Specific Scion Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t I need to have guidance from an agent?
A lot of people still prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Kansas City.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Kansas City that provide free Kansas City car insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific company, just visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Car insurance agents in Kansas City come in two varieties
When researching a reputable agency, there are two different types of agencies to choose from. Kansas City agents are classified as either independent or exclusive. Both can sell and service car insurance coverage, but we need to point out the differences because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you should always get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many write coverage with mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Kansas City that may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Banuelos Insurance Agency LLC
902 Southwest Blvd – Kansas City, MO 64108 – (816) 994-3600 – View Map
- SIMONE Insurance Agency, LLC
7138 N Norton Ave – Kansas City, MO 64119 – (816) 739-8995 – View Map
- Beverly Baker Insurance Agency Inc.
8708 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64155 – (816) 452-8600 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Kansas City willing to provide price quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Tony Osborn
6510 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 454-6555 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Keith Powell Agency Inc.
21 Linwood Blvd – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 753-0777 – View Map
- Elaine Fry Agency — State Farm®
1310 Carondelet Dr #200 – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 942-7800 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Kansas City?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
After you get answers to your satisfaction as well as cheaper xB insurance quotes, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that will adequately provide car insurance. Keep in mind you are entitled to cancel coverage any time you want so don’t feel that you’re stuck with the car insurance policy for a certain time period.
Buying the right Scion vehicle insurance in Missouri is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Scion in Kansas City, paying for car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Scion for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is overpaying over $850 per year so shop around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents. Cheaper insurance in Kansas City is available from both online companies and from local agencies, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, questionable increases in premium, policy cancellation or high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can shop for Scion xB insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable Scion xB insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Kia Optima in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas City Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)