Everyone knows that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who shop around for cheaper price quotes will presumably switch companies because of the good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey found that consumers who shopped around annually saved as much as $865 annually compared to people who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price for Kia Sorento insurance is the reason you’re reading this, knowing how to get price quotes and compare coverages can save time and money.
The best way we recommend to get low-cost Kia Sorento insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who provide car insurance in Kansas City. This can be done by completing these steps.
- First, get a basic knowledge of how insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a bad credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on each quote and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
These tips will teach you a little about how insurance works and some tricks to saving. If you have a policy now, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using the concepts you’re about to learn. Drivers just need to learn the most efficient way to compare rate quotes using one simple form.
How Insurance Providers Calculate Kia Sorento Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the factors that aid in calculating your insurance rates. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower premium levels.
- With age comes lower costs – Beginning drivers in Missouri are proven to be less responsible when driving with friends therefore insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
- Certain occupations pay higher premiums – Careers such as lawyers, business owners, and stock brokers usually pay higher average rates attributed to intense work-related stress and long work days. On the other hand, jobs like scientists, historians and retirees get better rates.
- Men tend to take more risk – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn’t mean females are better at driving than males. Men and women cause accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. They also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Allowing your insurance to lapse raises insurance rates – Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and companies may charge more for letting your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage could result in fines or a revoked license. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Missouri motor vehicle department.
- Only buy what you need – There are quite a few extra coverages that can waste your money when buying insurance. Things like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Getting married can lower premiums – Getting married may save some money on your insurance bill. Having a significant other means you’re less irresponsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Your address can influence price – Choosing to live in a rural area may provide you with better prices when it comes to insurance. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Loss statistics for a Kia Sorento – Insurers use statistical claims data when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Kia Sorento vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is a value of 100. Numbers under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have higher losses.
Kia Sorento Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD 80 86 82 110 111 94 Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD 85 87 101 97 98 85BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare. Compare. Compare.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your Kia Sorento insurance rates in Kansas City. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Kia Sorento insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. Regional companies may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Some car insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents. Budget-conscious Kia Sorento insurance can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Kansas City, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
More information is available at these links:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)