It’s amazing but most insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. Missouri drivers could save as much as 25% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t want to shop around.
The best way we recommend to find more affordable car insurance rates in Kansas City is to compare prices regularly from different companies that sell auto insurance in Missouri.
- Step 1: Read about policy coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many things that cause high rates such as traffic citations and poor credit can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Spectra insurance in Kansas City. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit a signed application and payment to your new insurance company. Make sure you keep your new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
If you’re already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas covered in this article. Locating the best rates in Kansas City can be easy if you know a few tricks. But Missouri vehicle owners do need to learn the way companies price insurance differently and use it to find better rates.
How You Can Control Kia Spectra Insurance Costs
Lots of things are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Is your car built for speed? – The type of vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Pay more by driving carelessly – Having just one citation can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have careless tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Consolidate policies with the same company – Some insurance companies give lower prices to insureds that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to compare Kia Spectra rates in Kansas City to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find lower rates by splitting coverages up.
- Insurance rates and age – Older drivers are more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Young drivers are statistically shown to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates.
When price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some smaller insurers do not give Kansas City Spectra insurance quotes over the internet, so you need to compare rates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Missouri. To get cheaper auto insurance in MO, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
Choosing Spectra insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Kansas City, insurance is required by state law in Missouri and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Kia at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Kia gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Missouri is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Claim Free – Kansas City drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will give a small break just for signing your application on the web.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting auto insurance coverage on a new Spectra may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Kansas City car insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safety rewards, drive less, multi-car, anti-theft, safe driver, accident prevention training, and homeowner.
- American Family has discounts for defensive driver, multi-vehicle, good student, mySafetyValet, and TimeAway discount.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, claim-free, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for military active duty, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford offers discounts including vehicle fuel type, bundle, air bag, defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, and good student.
Check with each company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Kansas City. For a list of insurers with discount rates in Missouri, click here.
Insurance agents can help
Many drivers still like to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting a provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Missouri?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they work. Agents are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are highly trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below are Kansas City exclusive agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
American Family Insurance – Clint Cole Agency Inc.
8301 State Line Rd Ste 112 – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 444-7468 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in Kansas City willing to provide rate quotes.
What is the best car insurance company in Missouri?
Insuring your vehicle with the best insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices drivers have in Missouri. The company ratings displayed below can help you select which car insurance providers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always remember that when buying coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- How high should deductibles be on a Kia Spectra?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
When getting Kansas City car insurance quotes online, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to reduce Kia Spectra insurance rates online in Kansas City. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Some companies do not provide online quoting and many times these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agents. Budget-friendly car insurance in Kansas City can be found online and also from your neighborhood Kansas City agents, so you need to compare both to get a complete price analysis.
Much more information about car insurance in Missouri can be found at these links:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Kansas City Car Insurance for Felons? (FAQ)
- How Much is Kansas City Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas City Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Kansas City Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)