If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find lower priced Lexus GS 350 insurance in Kansas City is to start comparing prices yearly from providers who provide car insurance in Missouri.
- Step 1: Learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that cause high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and your credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides tips to help find cheaper rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on GS 350 insurance in Kansas City. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A valuable tip to remember is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Unthinkable but true, over 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Missouri consumers can cut their rates by $300 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from many different Missouri insurance companies. By far the easiest way to comparison shop involves getting comparison quotes online. When price shopping your coverage, quoting more helps locate more affordable insurance. Not every company allows you to get Kansas City GS 350 insurance quotes online, so you need to compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Missouri. To find cheap car insurance in Kansas City, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Insurance rate breakdown
The information below outlines detailed analysis of insurance rates for Lexus GS 350 models. Understanding more about how insurance quotes are figured can be valuable when making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|GS 350 AWD||$280||$612||$274||$16||$82||$1,264||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can impact insurance rates greatly.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Despite the high cost, auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your GS 350, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Lexus at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Lexus gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $700 annually so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Save with these ten price cutting discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Kansas City car insurance online.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Kansas City car insurance with select insurance companies.
- College Student – Children who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a lower rate if you buy life insurance.
- Paper-free Discount – A few insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the internet.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky. Any amount of discount should help reduce your insurance premiums.
The diagram below compares Lexus GS 350 premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Missouri state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
To find insurers who offer discounts in Missouri, click this link.
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Missouri?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Does my Lexus GS 350 qualify for pleasure use?
- What is the minimum liability in Missouri?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Kansas City car insurance agent
Many people prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and also buy local. And providing support for local insurance agents is still important in Kansas City.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Kansas City that provide free Kansas City car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
What type of Kansas City auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you want to buy car insurance from an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance agencies can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents often have many company appointments so they can quote policies amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, you should always contact several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Kansas City that may be able to give you free car insurance rate quotes.
- InsureOne Insurance Agency
3900 Broadway a – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 287-0873 – View Map
- Chris Jones Insurance Agency
435 Nichols Rd #200 Kansas City, MO 64112 – Kansas City, MO 64112 – (816) 479-0212 – View Map
- Daniel Crawford Insurance Agency
1201 NW Briarcliff Pkwy #345 – Kansas City, MO 64116 – (816) 390-4790 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes use the same agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below are Kansas City exclusive agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Deborah York
5775 NW 64th Terrace #201 – Kansas City, MO 64151 – (816) 746-4443 – View Map
- Elaine Fry Agency — State Farm®
1310 Carondelet Dr #200 – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 942-7800 – View Map
- David Krough – State Farm Insurance Agent
600 W 103rd St #206 – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 943-6166 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
After getting answers to your satisfaction as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have found an auto insurance agent that can properly insure your vehicles. Just remember you can always cancel your coverage whenever you want so never assume that you are permanently stuck with your new company with no way to switch.
Auto insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the usual coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your GS 350 to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Lexus GS 350.
Due to the fact that many Missouri drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Most of the time these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/10 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims like repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, court costs, attorney fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford. Missouri requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why buying minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from flooding, a broken windshield and falling objects. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, pain medications, X-ray expenses, nursing services and hospital visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Persistent drivers can save
Lower-priced Lexus GS 350 insurance in Kansas City can be bought both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, someone dropped full coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas City Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)