Feel like you’re a prisoner to an expensive auto insurance policy? It’s quite common and many Kansas City drivers have buyer’s remorse.
A study showed that most consumers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Missouri drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes. Big companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with advertising and it is difficult to separate fact from fiction and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes occasionally because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best rate on Mercury Sable insurance in Kansas City last year other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to find out one of the easiest ways to find great coverage at a great price.
If you have a policy now or just want to reduce your rates, you can use these techniques to cut your premiums without reducing coverage. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Kansas City is not that difficult. Vehicle owners just need to learn the most efficient way to shop for auto insurance from many different companies online.
All the larger insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get prices for coverage on their websites. Comparing Mercury Sable insurance rates online is pretty easy as you simply type in your coverage preferences into a form. When complete, the quote system gets your driving and credit reports and returns a price. Being able to quote online for Mercury Sable insurance in Kansas City simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the cheapest price.
To find out how much you can save on insurance, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will receive rate quotes for similar coverage.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Kansas City, MO. If you want cheap auto insurance in Kansas City, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Mercury Sable in Kansas City, car insurance is mandatory in Missouri but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mercury Sable has a loan, almost all lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mercury for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Mercury and your assets. It also can pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America overpays as much as $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Costs
It’s important that you understand the factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower premium levels.
The following are some of the things used by companies to determine premiums.
Your location is a factor – Having an address in less populated areas has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more road rage incidents and longer commute times. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Long commutes cost more – The more you drive in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Incorrect rating for your Sable may be wasting your money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet is showing the correct usage, because it can save money.
Liability safeguards assets – The liability section of your policy will provide protection in the event that you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Single drivers take more risk – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates on your auto insurance bill. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Raise deductibles and save – Your deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, and damage caused by road hazards. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
Get cheaper Mercury Sable insurance in Kansas City with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- ABS Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
To view insurers that offer discounts in Kansas City, follow this link.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
A lot of people would rather go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Kansas City.
After completing this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Kansas City who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When researching a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agents in Kansas City can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can sell affordable insurance policies, but it is important to understand why they differ since it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. When comparing insurance rates, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Kansas City that may be able to give you pricing information.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Kansas City that are able to give price quote information.
Choosing an insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
You can find cheaper coverage
We’ve covered some good ideas how to find cheap Mercury Sable insurance in Kansas City. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Kansas City car insurance, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheaper Mercury Sable insurance in Kansas City can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Kansas City, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Mercury Sable insurance in Kansas City
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get more affordable Mercury Sable insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Kansas City. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Get a basic knowledge of how companies set rates and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that drive up the price like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a negative credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new company or agent. Once coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
To learn more, link through to the resources below:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)