It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who compare rates once a year are inclined to move their business because the odds are good of finding discount prices. A recent auto insurance study revealed that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If saving the most money on car insurance is your ultimate objective, then knowing how to quote prices and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
The best way we recommend to find low-cost prices for Pontiac Vibe insurance in Kansas City is to compare quotes once a year from different companies that insure vehicles in Missouri. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that drive up the price such as high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Vibe insurance in Kansas City. If you find a lower rate quote, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed application and payment for your new coverage. Be sure to store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Finding and comparing the lowest-priced auto insurance in Kansas City is not as time-consuming as you think. If you’re already insured or just want cheaper coverage, use these tips to lower your rates and still have adequate protection. Drivers only need an understanding of how to buy auto insurance over the internet.
How You Can Control Pontiac Vibe Insurance Prices
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the factors that aid in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with better insurance rates.
The factors shown below are some of the things companies use to determine rates.
Careless drivers pay higher rates – How you drive influences premium rates substantially. Just one chargeable violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. People who have severe violations such as DUI or reckless driving may need to prove financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders raise Pontiac Vibe yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Continuous coverage saves money – Driving with no insurance is a big no-no and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance coverage expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Missouri DMV.
Drive fewer miles and save – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your Vibe is just wasting money.
Adjust deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, hail damage, and rolling your vehicle. Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
High credit rating translates to low prices – Your credit history can be a huge factor in determining what you pay. If your credit is low, you may save money insuring your Pontiac Vibe if you clean up your credit. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with poor credit.
Age of drivers – Teenage drivers in Missouri have a tendency to be less responsible with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates. More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit.
The chart below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Missouri. To locate cheaper car insurance in Kansas City, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Coverage statistics and figures
The coverage information displayed next highlights different insurance costs for Pontiac Vibe models. Having a good grasp of how insurance prices are formulated can help customers make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can raise or lower premium rates substantially.
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Pontiac Vibe yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance rates by gender and age in Kansas City
The information below illustrates the comparison of Pontiac Vibe insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Pontiac Vibe in Kansas City, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Vibe, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Pontiac at a much higher rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Pontiac Vibe. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Missouri overpays as much as $855 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Slash your auto insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but a few need to be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a defensive driver course may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car model can save you some money due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Kansas City car insurance quote.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Kansas City car insurance depending on your company.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Kansas City car insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better prices.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The information below compares Pontiac Vibe auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Missouri state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To see providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Kansas City, click this link.
Buying insurance from Kansas City insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is you may find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is important particularly in Kansas City.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your house because prices are sent to you. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
The following are agents in Kansas City who can help you get price quotes for Pontiac Vibe insurance in Kansas City.
- Tim Dugan – State Farm Insurance Agent
6453 N Cosby Ave – Kansas City, MO 64151 – (816) 746-1300 – View Map
- Matt Rich Farmers Insurance Agency
5730 N Broadway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 479-4747 – View Map
- State Farm: Bret Ohlhausen
8549 N Church Rd – Kansas City, MO 64157 – (816) 781-4960 – View Map
- Northland Independent Insurance Group
5575 NW Barry Rd – Kansas City, MO 64154 – (816) 587-1826 – View Map
Picking an insurer should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Auto insurance company ratings
Finding a highly-rated car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies sell insurance in Kansas City. The ranking data below may help you pick which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Frequent quotes can save
Cost effective Pontiac Vibe insurance is definitely available online and with local Kansas City insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not provide online rate quotes and these smaller providers only sell through local independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal or policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can find lower-cost Pontiac Vibe insurance in Kansas City. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Kansas City car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Kansas City Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)