Are you kicking yourself for buying an expensive car insurance policy? It’s quite common and many Kansas City drivers have buyer’s remorse.
It’s hard to fathom, but most Missouri car insurance customers have bought car insurance from the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Many drivers in the United States could save almost 46.5% each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t invest the time required to shop around.
Steps to buying cheaper Saab 9-7X insurance in Kansas City
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Kansas City is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies in Missouri.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about how your policy works and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit score can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for the details to prevent high prices and earn larger discounts.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new insurance company. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to try to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Popular companies such as GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive continually hit you with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and take the time to shop coverage around.
It’s a great practice to quote other rates once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the lowest price on Saab 9-7X insurance in Kansas City a year ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. You can find a lot of wrong information about 9-7X insurance on the web, but in this article, you’re going to get some of the best techniques to put money back in your pocket.
Finding cheap Kansas City car insurance quotes isn’t really that difficult. The only thing you need to do is take time comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies.
It’s so simple to compare car insurance rates online takes the place of having to spend time driving to different Kansas City agent offices. Comparing online rate quotes eliminates the middleman unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional abilities that only an agent can give. Although you can compare online quotes and get advice from an agent in your area.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Kansas City, MO. In order to find the best cheap car insurance in Kansas City, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Discounts can help save money on Saab 9-7X insurance in Kansas City
Some providers don’t always list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Kansas City car insurance online.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Kansas City car insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military could mean lower rates.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current 9-7X insurance policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get better auto insurance rates.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
To view insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Missouri, click this link.
Auto insurance quotes from neighborhood Kansas City auto insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! Agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get better rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Kansas City.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Kansas City that can give you free Kansas City car insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local Kansas City insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies to choose from. Agents in Kansas City may be either independent or exclusive. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the differences since it could factor into the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you need to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Kansas City that may be able to provide free price quotes.
Daniel Crawford Insurance Agency
1201 NW Briarcliff Pkwy #345 – Kansas City, MO 64116 – (816) 390-4790 – View Map
Agents of this type can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Kansas City willing to provide price quotes.
Finding a good insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Kansas City, get answers to these questions.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Where are claims handled?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
How Insurers Calculate Saab 9-7X Insurance Prices
Lots of things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Shown below are some of the most common factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Does insurance coverage cost less for women? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. They both get in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Male teenagers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
- Your employer can affect prices – Jobs like military personnel, business owners, and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates attributed to intense work situations and long work days. On the flip side, jobs such as actors, historians and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
- You might get higher prices if you are single – Being married helps lower the price on your insurance bill. Having a significant other translates into being more stable financially and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Fewer miles means better prices – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Cars that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. Double check that your insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated 9-7X may be costing you higher rates.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most insurance companies afford lower prices for people that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Raising deductibles lowers premiums – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, fire damage, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Protect your Saab vehicle and other assets
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Saab in Kansas City, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Saab 9-7X, most banks will require that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Saab for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your Saab 9-7X and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Frequent quotes can save
Some companies may not have internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents. Discount Saab 9-7X insurance is definitely available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone dropped full coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
You just read a lot of techniques to compare Saab 9-7X insurance prices in Kansas City. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Saab 9-7X rate quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
How to find more affordable Saab 9-7X insurance in Kansas City
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find low-cost prices for Saab 9-7X insurance in Kansas City is to regularly compare price quotes from providers that insure vehicles in Missouri.
- Take a little time to learn about individual coverages and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that drive up the price like speeding tickets, careless driving and a substandard credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. Don’t forget to put the proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
A good tip to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to look at every insurance company. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
More tips and info about car insurance is available by following these links:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Kansas City Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Kansas City Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)