The best way we recommend to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates in Kansas City is to do an annual price comparison from different companies who can sell car insurance in Missouri.
First, get a basic knowledge of policy coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that increase rates like traffic citations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Spark coverage is available in Kansas City. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Most drivers in Missouri could save nearly $323 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you have coverage now or just want cheaper rates, you can use these tips to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Buying the cheapest insurance in Kansas City is much easier if you have a good place to start. Shoppers just have to know the proper way to compare different rates instantly.
Best companies for affordable Chevy Spark insurance in Missouri
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Kansas City, MO. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Missouri, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Determine discounts to get cheap Kansas City insurance quotes
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount very clearly, so we took the time to find both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course in defensive driving could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers pay much less compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Kansas City may trigger a policy discount on insurance since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles can earn lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
For a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Kansas City, click here.
Compare rates but work with a local neighborhood Kansas City car insurance agent
Many drivers prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is important particularly in Kansas City.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Kansas City who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you wish to quote rates from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different types of agents and how they work. Kansas City agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s good to learn how they are different because it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, you absolutely need to compare prices from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following are Kansas City independent agents who may be able to give you free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Kansas City that are able to give price quote information.
Choosing the best insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- How long has their agency been in business in Kansas City?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
Get the best coverage at the best price
Some insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents. Discount Chevy Spark insurance can be purchased online and with local Kansas City insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
To read more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Kansas City Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)