Sad but true, most consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Consumers in Missouri can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
The preferred way to get cheaper Infiniti G35 insurance is to regularly compare quotes from insurers in Kansas City.
- First, read about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that increase rates like traffic citations and poor credit can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for additional ideas to keep prices down and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates now
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new insurer. Immediately store the proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you currently have auto insurance, you will surely be able to get lower rates using these techniques. The purpose of this post is to teach you how insurance works. But Missouri vehicle owners need to have an understanding of the methods companies use to determine what you pay and use this information to your advantage.
When shopping for low cost Kansas City auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from many insurance companies in Missouri. The quickest method to find the cheapest Infiniti G35 insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
When comparison shopping, having more price comparisons increases the chance that you will find the best offered rates.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Missouri. To find cheap car insurance in Kansas City, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Infiniti G35 in Kansas City, paying for auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your G35 with a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Infiniti for a lot more money and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Infiniti as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America is overpaying over $750 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to save money.
Determine discounts on Kansas City car insurance
Car insurance can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and GEICO may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Multi-line Discount – Some companies give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Kansas City auto insurance quote.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home at college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
Car insurance companies that may offer quotes with most of the discounts above include:
Double check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in Kansas City. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Missouri, follow this link.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Kansas City that give free quotes to get your business. You never need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company should depend on more than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Kansas City, get answers to these questions.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Kansas City?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you want local Kansas City agents, you should know the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Kansas City agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people use the same exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Kansas City that are able to give price quote information.
- Steve Basinger – State Farm Insurance Agent
11040 Holmes Rd #100 – Kansas City, MO 64131 – (816) 942-3288 – View Map
- Jamie Bilton – State Farm Insurance Agent
10901 Hickman Mills Dr Ste D – Kansas City, MO 64137 – (816) 763-5444 – View Map
- Brady Crawford – State Farm Insurance Agent
8080 Ward Pkwy Ste 100 – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 333-5853 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparison shopping, you need to get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
The following are independent insurance agents in Kansas City that are able to give comparison quotes.
- SIMONE Insurance Agency, LLC
7138 N Norton Ave – Kansas City, MO 64119 – (816) 739-8995 – View Map
- Beverly Baker Insurance Agency Inc.
8708 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64155 – (816) 452-8600 – View Map
- Safeway Insurance Agency
3600 Broadway Suite 110 – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 931-1222 – View Map
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Affordable auto insurance is out there
When you buy Kansas City auto insurance online, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim or even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
Some insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Cheap Infiniti G35 insurance in Kansas City can be sourced online in addition to many Kansas City insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional auto insurance information can be found at these links:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Homeowners in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas City Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)