It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who shop around once a year will probably switch to a new company because of the good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey found that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved about $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding low prices for auto insurance is the reason for your visit, learning how to find companies and compare cheaper coverage can save money and time.
The recommended way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Kansas City is to compare quotes annually from providers who sell insurance in Missouri. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, read and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. This article provides more details to help prevent high rates and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Finding affordable insurance coverage in Kansas City can be much easier if you know how to start. If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper insurance using this strategy. Shoppers just need to use the most efficient way to shop for insurance online.
Most of the larger companies provide pricing on the web. Doing online price comparisons for Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Kansas City is possible for anyone because you just enter the amount of coverage you want into a form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system automatically orders your credit score and driving record and provides a quote.
This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s also necessary to perform this step if you want to get the best rate.
To find out if lower rates are available, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter the coverage information just like they are on your policy. This way, you will have a fair comparison for similar coverage.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Kansas City, MO. To locate the best car insurance in MO, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Three good reasons to insure your Mitsubishi Raider
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mitsubishi in Kansas City, buying car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mitsubishi Raider has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mitsubishi for a lot more money and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Mitsubishi Raider but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Mitsubishi gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Raider more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Missouri overpays more than $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Affordable Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Kansas City
Car insurance is expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have better car insurance rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Early Switch Discount – Some car insurance companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current Raider insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy Kansas City car insurance online.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Large car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for bundle discounts, homeowner, business and professional, early shopping, and teen driver.
- Esurance has discounts for emergency road assistance, anti-theft, online shopper, Pac-12 alumni, and renters.
- State Farm may have discounts that include safe vehicle, multiple autos, multiple policy, student away at school, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, federal employee, membership and employees, air bags, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- Allstate offers discounts including defensive driver, auto/life discount, economy car, anti-theft, and senior citizen.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not apply in Kansas City. To find providers who offer discounts in Kansas City, click here to view.
Independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
Some people just want to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Kansas City that provide free Kansas City car insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- What companies can they write with?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
If you need to find a local agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents work for only one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are well trained on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes use the same agent partially due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Kansas City willing to provide rate quotes.
- Tim Dugan – State Farm Insurance Agent
6453 N Cosby Ave – Kansas City, MO 64151 – (816) 746-1300 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Jeff Williams Agency Inc.
6505 N Prospect Ave #100 – Kansas City, MO 64119 – (816) 459-7779 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Mike Faeth
110 NW Barry Rd Ste 203 – Kansas City, MO 64155 – (816) 436-6603 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to include rate quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Kansas City that can give you rate quotes.
- Beverly Baker Insurance Agency Inc.
8708 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64155 – (816) 452-8600 – View Map
- Bargain Insurance Connection
2635 NE Vivion Rd – Kansas City, MO 64119 – (816) 453-7722 – View Map
- Traders Insurance Co
9300 Troost Ave – Kansas City, MO 64131 – (816) 333-5030 – View Map
Once you have satisfactory answers to your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles.
How to find a good Kansas City car insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with a highly-rated car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies there are in Missouri. The information in the next section can help you pick which car insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Do the work, save more money
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims or questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, switching companies can be easier than you think.
When searching for the cheapest Mitsubishi Raider rate quotes, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Kansas City can be sourced from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer online quoting and these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Homeowners in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas City Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)