It takes a little time, but the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Kansas City is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies in Missouri. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend how insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like careless driving and poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources. Find a Kansas City insurance agent
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new agent or company. Don’t forget to store the proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
One piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
A recent survey discovered that 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Missouri consumers could save almost $300 each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t want to compare rates online.
If you already have coverage or just want a better rate, use these tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing coverage. Quoting and buying the lowest-priced coverage in Kansas City is quite easy. Drivers only need an understanding of the best way to find the lowest price instantly.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Ford Transit Connect Insurance
It’s important that you understand some of the things that aid in calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower premium levels.
Cheaper premiums using alarms and GPS tracking – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop vehicle theft.
Premiums are affected by your credit rating – Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Ford Transit Connect if you improve your credit rating. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
Marriage equates to better rates – Having a significant other may save some money compared to being single. It usually means you are less irresponsible and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Drive less and get lower costs – Driving more miles in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that are left in the garage cost less to insure than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage. An improperly rated Transit Connect may be wasting your money.
What’s your car’s NHTSA crash test rating? – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Ford has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Better auto insurance rates for uninterrupted coverage – Driving without insurance is illegal and companies may charge more for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Missouri motor vehicle department.
Finding a better price on car insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. All that’s required is to invest a little time comparing price quotes online from several insurance companies.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in Missouri. If you want to find the best car insurance in Kansas City, MO, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Ford Transit Connect insurance rate analysis
The rate table shown below showcases estimates of insurance prices for Ford Transit Connect models. Being able to understand how car insurance premiums are calculated can be valuable when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Transit Connect XL 2WD||$142||$274||$272||$16||$82||$786||$66|
|Transit Connect XLT 2WD||$142||$274||$272||$16||$82||$786||$66|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Kansas City which can revise coverage rates noticeably.
Car insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and accident claims can affect Ford Transit Connect insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of males versus females in Kansas City
The example below shows the comparison of Ford Transit Connect insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The chart below compares Ford Transit Connect insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premiums are based on no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no set guideline that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Ford Transit Connect claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $500 a year to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Three reasons insurance is important
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Transit Connect in Kansas City, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $825 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Car insurance companies do not advertise every policy discount very clearly, so the list below details both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Kansas City car insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a course in defensive driving is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Ford Transit Connect insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data assumes a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Missouri state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- The Hartford may include discounts for air bag, good student, bundle, defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
- American Family offers discounts for mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, early bird, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Travelers includes discounts for student away at school, multi-policy, driver training, good student, home ownership, payment discounts, and new car.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, business and professional, bundle discounts, teen driver, and switch companies.
- USAA has discounts for loyalty savings, new vehicle, safe driver, multi-policy, defensive driver, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for safety features, preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, newly married, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To view insurance companies with the best discounts in Kansas City, follow this link.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is OK! Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and also buy local. And supporting local agencies is still important in Kansas City.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Kansas City that can give you free Kansas City car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you want a good Kansas City insurance agent, there are two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below are independent agents in Kansas City who can help you get price quote information.
- Banuelos Insurance Agency LLC
902 Southwest Blvd – Kansas City, MO 64108 – (816) 994-3600 – View Map
- InsureOne Insurance Agency
3900 Broadway a – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 287-0873 – View Map
- McLaughlin Insurance Agency
406 W 34th St #802 – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 931-3341 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only quote rates from one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. These agents are trained well on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Kansas City that can give you price quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Dewey Osborn
6405 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 436-7300 – View Map
- David Denny – State Farm Insurance Agent
8600 Ward Pkwy #2070 – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 363-3187 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Deborah York
5775 NW 64th Terrace #201 – Kansas City, MO 64151 – (816) 746-4443 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is there a local claims center in Kansas City?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Kansas City?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Quote more to save more
We just presented some good ideas how to lower your Ford Transit Connect insurance prices in Kansas City. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Kansas City car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small local company.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider can be less work than you think.
The cheapest Ford Transit Connect insurance in Kansas City is attainable from both online companies in addition to many Kansas City insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent agencies.
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Kansas City Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)