A recent study showed that a large majority of consumers have been with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in the U.S. can cut their rates by roughly $860 a year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they bought a different policy.
To save the most money, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Kansas City. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Take a little time to learn about car insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as distracted driving and poor credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, keep your new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A key point to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to analyze every insurance company. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Informed Consumers Save Money
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
Long commutes cost more – The more you drive each year the higher your rate. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. Improper usage on your LS 460 may be costing you. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage states how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
Liability coverage is critical – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Lower rates come with age – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations. Beginning drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily when driving so insurance rates are higher.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Claim-free discounts can add up – Insurance companies in Missouri generally give lower rates to drivers who do not file claims often. If you file a lot of claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Your occupation can affect premiums – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Occupations such as lawyers, executives, and emergency personnel are shown to have the highest average rates due to intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, jobs such as professors, engineers and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
Know your credit rating – Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for insurance. So if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Lexus LS 460 by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit scores.
Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – There are many extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and term life insurance are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
Insurance policy lapses increase prices – Driving without insurance coverage in place is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time.
Insurance loss data for Lexus LS 460 vehicles – Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Models that the data determines to have higher frequency or amount of claims will be charged more to insure. The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Lexus LS 460 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lexus LS 460 4dr 2WD||155||76||203||52|
|Lexus LS 460 4dr 4WD||207||102||239||62|
|Lexus LS 460 L 4dr 2WD||199|
|Lexus LS 460 L 4dr 4WD||251||324|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Finding a better price on car insurance can be relatively painless. You just have to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing free Kansas City auto insurance quotes from online providers.
Doing online rate quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it obsolete to call or drive to insurance agents’ offices. Shopping for car insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you have a complicated situation and need the advice and guidance that only an agent can give. Drivers can price shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Missouri. If you want the best car insurance in Kansas City, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Rate information and statistics
The rate table displayed next outlines detailed analysis of insurance rates for Lexus LS 460 models. Learning a little about how insurance policy premiums are formulated can help you make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LS 460 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$398||$212||$12||$64||$882||$74|
|LS 460 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$398||$212||$12||$64||$882||$74|
|LS 460 AWD 4-Dr||$196||$398||$212||$12||$64||$882||$74|
|LS 460 L 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$398||$212||$12||$64||$882||$74|
|LS 460 L AWD 4-Dr||$196||$398||$212||$12||$64||$882||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Kansas City which can modify price quotes significantly.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders increase Lexus LS 460 auto insurance rates for different age categories. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance cost for men versus women
The illustration below compares Lexus LS 460 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lexus LS 460 in Kansas City, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Lexus LS 460, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus for a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance preserves both your assets and your Lexus LS 460. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Missouri overpays as much as $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Affordable Kansas City car insurance rates with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but some must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to analyze vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting car insurance coverage on a new LS 460 can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles could earn slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better car insurance rates.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Lexus LS 460 insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Missouri state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include 55 and older, student driver, air bags, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, teen driver, and driver training.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has savings for Drive Safe & Save, good student, good driver, passive restraint, driver’s education, defensive driving training, and multiple policy.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, multi-policy, family plan, and anti-theft.
- Esurance may offer discounts for claim free, safety device, anti-theft, emergency road assistance, and multi-car.
- The Hartford discounts include air bag, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Savings may not apply to policies in your state. For a list of insurers who offer cheap Lexus LS 460 insurance quotes in Missouri, click here.
Buying auto insurance from Kansas City auto insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Good agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to companies in Kansas City who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Missouri?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Kansas City?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
Below is a short list of insurance companies in Kansas City that may be able to provide comparison quotes for Lexus LS 460 insurance in Kansas City.
American Family Insurance – Keith Powell Agency Inc.
21 Linwood Blvd – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 753-0777 – View Map
After receiving reasonable responses to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance company that can provide auto insurance coverage. Just understand that you are able to cancel your policy when you choose so don’t feel you’re contractually obligated to a specific agent indefinitely.
Car insurance can get complicated
When choosing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
A conclusion for your car insurance search
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
The cheapest Lexus LS 460 insurance in Kansas City can be bought both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Kansas City auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to find cheap Lexus LS 460 insurance in Kansas City. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Lexus LS 460 rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas City Auto Insurance Rates for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)