It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who rate shop once a year are very likely to switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding a lower-cost company. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving money on auto insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then knowing how to quote prices and compare car insurance can help make the process easier.
To save the most money, the best way to get affordable Volkswagen R32 insurance in Kansas City is to start comparing prices regularly from companies in Missouri. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for the details to help reduce premium rates and find hidden discounts.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new coverage. Once coverage is bound, store the proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
If you have coverage now, you will be able to buy cheaper insurance using these tips. Choosing the best rates in Kansas City can be easy if you know a few tricks. Nevertheless, Missouri consumers do need to know how big insurance companies price online insurance because rates are impacted by many factors.
Nine discounts for lower-cost car insurance rates
Some insurance providers don’t always list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known as well as some of the hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Early Signing – Select car insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy before your current R32 insurance policy expires. You may see this discount when you get Kansas City auto insurance quotes online.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive better car insurance rates.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- New Car Discount – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Kansas City drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to look at driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on R32 insurance in Kansas City.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A few companies who may offer these discounts are:
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To choose car insurance companies with the best discounts in Kansas City, click here to view.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact almost all companies provide online access to provide you with free rate quotes. All you need to do is provide a little information like if you have an active license, whether or not you need a SR-22, distance driven, and if it has an alarm system. Your rating data is instantly submitted to many highly-rated insurers and they return cost estimate with very little delay.
To check Volkswagen R32 insurance prices now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Kansas City.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Missouri. To buy the best car insurance in Kansas City, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my Volkswagen R32 need full coverage?
- Should I buy only the required Missouri minimum liability coverage?
- Does my Volkswagen R32 qualify for pleasure use?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Are car insurance agents obsolete?
Certain consumers prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in Kansas City that provide free Kansas City auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Missouri?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- If they are an independent agency in Kansas City, which companies do they recommend?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
When looking for a local agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agencies in Kansas City are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Kansas City who can help you get comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – Keith Powell Agency Inc.
21 Linwood Blvd – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 753-0777 – View Map
Independent insurance agents often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rates, you definitely need to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below are independent agents in Kansas City that are able to give rate quotes.
Once you have acceptable answers to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that will provide auto insurance coverage. But remember, you can cancel coverage for any reason so never assume you are locked into your new company for any length of time.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though Kansas City R32 insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volkswagen has a loan, most banks will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Volkswagen at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverage types found on the average insurance policy.
Collision coverage covers damage to your R32 from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things such as rolling your car, backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your R32 to bring the cost down.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills for things like rehabilitation expenses, pain medications, prosthetic devices, chiropractic care and hospital visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer, damage from getting keyed and fire damage. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Volkswagen R32.
Since many Missouri drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 25/50/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Liability car insurance
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/10 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as funeral expenses, emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects, court costs and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Missouri state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
The best rates come from being thorough
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Lower-priced Volkswagen R32 insurance in Kansas City can be bought from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found in these articles:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Kansas City Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)