Remarkably, a study showed that nearly 70% of customers have been with the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in America could cut their rates by nearly $859 a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The preferred way to find cheaper quotes for Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who provide auto insurance in Kansas City. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as speeding and a bad credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Kansas City. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Compare quotes for Kansas City Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance
The majority of larger companies make it easy to get price estimates online. Doing online price comparisons for Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance in Kansas City doesn’t take much effort as you just enter your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, the quote system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information. Getting online rates for Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance in Kansas City streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to do this if you are searching for lower-cost rates.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy coverages and limits as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will get a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Missouri. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in Kansas City, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though Kansas City Rav4 Hybrid insurance rates can get expensive, paying for auto insurance is required by state law in Missouri and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Rav4 Hybrid has a loan, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Toyota at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Toyota Rav4 Hybrid but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Toyota as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Check for these eight discounts on Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance in Kansas City
Auto insurance companies do not list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known as well as the least known insurance savings.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Kansas City car insurance but check with your company.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple cars with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow companies to analyze driving manner remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Student in College – Older children who live away from home at college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- American Family has savings for early bird, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, air bags, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Nationwide discounts include business or organization, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, good student, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may offer discounts for defensive driver, claim-free, good student, accident-free, good driver, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers discounts including good student, theft prevention, 55 and older, driver training, and student driver.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for mature driver, alternative fuel, teen driver, bundle discounts, switch companies, youthful driver, and distant student.
- Allstate includes discounts for passive restraint, utility vehicle, premier discount, 55 and retired, FullPay discount, resident student, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Kansas City. For a list of providers with the best Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance discounts in Kansas City, click here to view.
When should I talk to an agent?
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get better rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Kansas City.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is sent to companies in Kansas City that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency because prices are sent to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Types of car insurance agents
If you want to use a local Kansas City insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that you can choose from. Agencies in Kansas City can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Kansas City who may provide price quote information.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents work for only one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. These agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Kansas City that are able to give rate quotes.
Finding a good car insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Kansas City auto insurance companies
Finding the top auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Kansas City. The ranking data in the lists below can help you pick which auto insurers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Coverages available on your policy
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/10 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things like funeral expenses, legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Missouri state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate.
This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hitting a deer, damage from flooding, theft, hail damage and vandalism. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Toyota Rav4 Hybrid.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Missouri limits are 25/50/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses like surgery, pain medications and hospital visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Rav4 Hybrid to get cheaper collision coverage.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, high prices, being labeled a high risk driver or even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
A few companies may not offer online quoting and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Budget-friendly car insurance in Kansas City is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
Additional car insurance information is located on the following sites:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Kansas City Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Kansas City Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)