Did a good deal turn into high-priced Volvo V60 insurance in Kansas City? Believe me, you’re not alone.
Anyone knows that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who do rate comparisons are likely to switch insurance companies because there are good odds of finding more affordable rates. A recent insurance study discovered that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved over $860 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving money on Volvo V60 insurance in Kansas City is why you’re here, knowing the best way to shop and compare insurance coverage can save time and make the process easier. With so many choices of insurance companies that have cheaper insurance for a Volvo V60 in Kansas City, it can be difficult for people to choose the most cost effective insurance company.
Comparison shopping for affordable policy in Kansas City is not as time-consuming as you think. If you have a current car insurance policy or just want a better rate, use these techniques to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. Consumers only need an understanding of how to quote multiple rates from many companies at once.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Kansas City, MO. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Kansas City, MO, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Get cheaper Volvo V60 insurance in Kansas City with discounts
Some companies don’t always list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both the well known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- E-sign Discounts – A few companies provide a small discount just for signing your application over the internet.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Club Memberships – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates when compared to bad drivers.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for multi-policy, renewal discount, safe driver, good student, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include multi-car, hybrid vehicle, good student, preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, multi-policy, and newly married.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, student away at school, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including teen driver, paid in full, anti-lock brakes, mature driver, company car, safe driver, and multiple vehicles.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, seat belt use, defensive driver, daytime running lights, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO has savings for anti-theft, homeowner, multi-car, teen safety rewards, safe driver, and bundle discounts.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Kansas City. To find insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Kansas City, follow this link.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Volvo V60 Insurance
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
Your address can affect price – Residing in a rural area may provide you with better prices when it comes to insurance. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. People who live in big cities have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. More time on the road means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Higher premiums for insurance lapses – Having a lapse in insurance coverage will be a fast way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in fines and jail time.
Prevent theft and save money – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Younger vs. older drivers – Beginning drivers in Missouri have been known to be inattentive when driving with friends and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
Gender impacts prices – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes are in auto accidents at a similar rate, but males get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
Commute or pleasure use – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you will pay for insurance. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Autos used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Double check that your declarations sheet is rated on annual mileage, because it can save money. Having the wrong rating on your V60 may be costing you.
Increase physical damage deductibles to save – The deductibles define the amount you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Insurance loss probability for a Volvo V60 – Car insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for coverage.
The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Volvo V60 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo V60 2WD||68||53|
|Volvo V60 4WD||136||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance agents can help
A small number of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Kansas City.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Kansas City who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house as quotes are delivered directly to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you need to find a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they operate. Agents in Kansas City can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can write auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When comparing auto insurance prices, it’s recommended you get several quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Kansas City that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
Chris Jones Insurance Agency
435 Nichols Rd #200 Kansas City, MO 64112 – Kansas City, MO 64112 – (816) 479-0212 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below are Kansas City exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
American Family Insurance – Jeff Williams Agency Inc.
6505 N Prospect Ave #100 – Kansas City, MO 64119 – (816) 459-7779 – View Map
Deciding on a insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- How long has their agency been in business in Kansas City?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Missouri?
- Which family members are covered?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique and your insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you might need professional guidance.
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Ratings for Kansas City auto insurance companies
Picking a high-quality auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Kansas City. The company information listed below could help you analyze which insurers you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Smart shoppers get results
In this article, we presented many tips how you can save on Volvo V60 insurance in Kansas City. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even discover the best rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
How to find cheaper Volvo V60 insurance in Kansas City
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest Volvo V60 insurance in Kansas City is to do an annual price comparison from companies in Missouri. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- First, try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher rates such as inattentive driving and a substandard credit score can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed policy application and payment for your new coverage. Once received, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Kansas City Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- How Much is Kansas City Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Homeowners in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas City Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)